Tuesday, February 7, 2017

You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all different

Just dropping a quick note here to point out what you all already know: this blog's update schedule has taken a mortal blow.

But don't worry. It's just at exactly 0 HP, and in my games that means that with quick attention, it can recover, given time. And I'm reliably told that, while the party didn't bring a cleric, Lubo the linkboy (a scruffy ne'er-do-well sort they picked up in one of their favorite seedy dives in the docks district) did a stint as an assistant to a street surgeon with unsavory tendencies, so he knows the ins and outs of bandaging up sucking chest wounds.

To translate: grad school is kicking my butt, so I'm devoting a lot of time to that. This blog, and D&D in general, have taken a back seat to getting my work done and advancing my academic career. Which means I'm no longer even going to pretend to myself that I plan on the Tue/Thurs regularity this place briefly enjoyed.

However, that doesn't mean we're done here. I still have the Desolate North to flesh out, and I have plenty of backlog posts. A shame, really; some of them are on a bit of a time limit, like a couple play reports. (*ssshh, don't tell anyone, that was supposed to be a surprise!) But needs must, and necessity is the mother of invention, and peasants are full of sayings, and I come from peasant stock.

I might update irregularly throughout the semester. This space might go completely silent until some time in May, or maybe even later. But I do plan to be back, eventually. So throw this on your RSS feed, if you care.

No comments:

Post a Comment